Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Reflections...

The more I think, the more frustrating 'life's questions' get...the search for the ultimate...the desire for the best...

-- is happiness the ultimate goal or the path we take to reach some other goal...does the quest end when we think we are happy, or can we be happy in our quest? Maybe I, as a human, am greedy...trying to figure out "could something else make me happier?"

Does this search never end?
Should this search ever end?

Satisfaction...contentment....acceptance....resignation...are they all different shades of life...of maybe even 'destiny'?

when do we stop asking--"are we there yet"??

...then again...maybe I am asking all the wrong questions...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dunno the answers myself.

But I do know I stopped asking the questions when Adi and Ved were born. The 'why' and 'what' of existence are lost on me as a mother. Perhaps if I were to stop and quesion life, I would not have the strength to tend to my children.

Alternatively, once they are gone, there will be nothing for me to do but blog my grief through philosphical questions:)

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happiness in life is contrived and biased as per individual's outlook or state of mind.

hence, we need to know the why we are living or why i was there in the mother's womb and alive till date.

Bhagvat gita tells to work rightfully so, introspect what is it that's required from you or what others (parents,friends, sisters, brothers) are expecting from you.

similar expectations are from society and mankind as whole.

So, for ultimate happiness it must be shared and comes from others and can not be found in self.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home