Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Looking in all the 'right' places...?

Do we all need that person? You know who I am talking about...come on now...the one you can "be yourself" with...?

Now I won't go into the whole philosophical "who are we really"...after all, isn't the answer what drew a line between Siddharth and Buddha...but I would love to have the opportunity to explore the possibility of actually being, and then, ultimately knowing myself.

So, it takes me back to my original question--do we need that person to be ourselves?

Who, you ask again...

Someone who will enervate your defences, someone who then gets to see you at your 'vulnerable best', and then actually likes you for it... then again someone who maybe pampers you, and actually makes you feel 'important' (you know, the feeling that the world just might stop if you aren't there-- tsk, I know its all baloney, but hey, it doesn't hurt to want to believe it sometimes :) ... someone listening to you complain, and then you want to stop, but that responsive face urges you to 'let it all out' ... someone who steps in and steps up for you...someone who just loves you for who you are, and for what you represent and believe ... someone who can sometimes look beyond the grumbling and dolefulness, and love and appreciate the person and the gratitude felt... someone who can love you--in spite of 'knowing you'.

Do you get the drift....?

So again, do we need this person? Well, mostly I get the answer...."yes", accompanied by a "duh!" But I am greeted with silence when I ask who is this person...or who should this person be.

I wonder then, why does it have to be someone else? Why not me? Why do I need a different mind, body, soul to make me 'me'? Why do I need someone who thinks, feels and believe differently to understand how I do all that? Am I not my closest ally?

Why can't strength and weakness co-exist (peacefully) within me? Why does it have to be either/or?

Maybe I need me. Maybe we all need ourselves...(of course I would not want to get started on this being a 'need' vs. a 'want').

Could I not be 'someone'? ...anyone?





1 Comments:

Blogger Pendulum said...

This the same logic as I told me- by Advait.

Profound thoughts-- let me know when you get an answer.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home