Friday, September 22, 2006

Farewell, dear Pluto

Dear Pluto,
I hear you have been rudely shunned by the planetary world. Oh, how it must feel to be jilted like that after so many years of "service"...all those science books, those projects, all those effusive sayings ...now what will My Very Eager Mother Just Serve Us Nine of? To even have a Disney dog named after you (or was it the other way round...well, this is a tribute to Pluto, so we assume the planet came before the dog)... you were greatness in the making!

Slowly and steadily we were coming to you, dear Pluto. We had, almost, made it to Jupiter... it was a matter of three-four more planets ... a matter of time ... say, about a few hundred decades ... I wish you had waited. I wish we could have waited and tried to discover the wonder that you are, could have been (oh, the anguish of this past tense).

Pluto, you have to excuse us humans...our lives seem to revolve around the milky way (almost literally)... and we have conveniently claimed the spot of the 'Managing Director Of The Solar System' (yes, the position exists, and we rule it...given there is no opponent, and thus, no democracy). We decide who gets to stay and who goes. I know, I hear you...it's a cruel cruel world (is it the same your way too?).

I, Yamini Dixit, take this opportunity to apoloigize on behalf of us 'third planet-ers'... we have, once again, proved ourselves to be an ungrateful race. Further, I extend my gratitude for the time you have spent with us, always giving our 'Nine' something to boast about...you were the support system... eight just doesn't feel the same.

Personally, my world ended at you, Pluto...I do not know what is out there beyond you...and now with you gone, suddenly my world seems smaller!!

I hope you find peace as a separate entity, and as a part of a greater ideology... for me, you will always be my one and only ... The Ninth Planet.

Good bye, and good luck.



1 Comments:

Blogger Pendulum said...

Please accept my condolences at this hour of grief.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home